The main conference venue is the University of Helsinki Main Building (Fabianinkatu 33), where such as registration is taking place. Publishers’ bookstands will be located in the lobby of the Main Building. The keynote sessions are held in Porthania (Yliopistonkatu 3) Lecture Hall PI (1st floor).
Conference room locations for workshop sessions:
- Fabianinkatu 33 (Main Building)
- Yliopistonkatu 3 (Porthania)
- Unioninkatu 38
- Unioninkatu 40 (Metsätalo)
It takes around 5 minutes to reach the seminar rooms from the Main Building (Click here to see the map).
UniCafe opening hours during week 10 (2-6.3.2015):
- Main Building: Cafeteria 8.30 – 15.00 (lunch 10.30 – 14.30)
- Porthania: 8.00 – 15.00 (lunch 10.30 – 15.00)
- Metsätalo: 8.30 – 15.00 (lunch 10.30 – 15.00)
Moreover, many nice cafeterias and restaurants are located just around the corner of the conference venue, at Aleksanterinkatu, the Esplanade Promenade, the Senate Square and the Market Square.
- Café Engel (Aleksanterinkatu 26) is an idyllic café at the Senate Square, with a view of the Cathedral. Free WLAN for customers.
- Aschan Café Jugend (Pohjoisesplanadi 19) and winebar is situated in the premises of what originally was a bank designed by architect Lars Sonck, a notable Art Nouveau interior.
- Café Strindberg (Pohjoisesplanadi 33) is an international café with an open kitchen, where the delicacies served in the café are prepared. On the second floor is Strindberg à la carte and Strindberg’s Bakficka.
- Café Esplanad (Pohjoisesplanadi 37) is well known for its central European atmosphere and style and especially for its huge cinnamon rolls (a Finnish sweet pastry called Korvapuusti) that are baked in the cafés own bakery.
- Restaurant Kappeli (Eteläesplanadi 11) serves classical Finnish dishes from reindeer to salmon. The dining room has a unique atmosphere, at once cosy and stylish, comprising the beauty of Esplanadi Park.
The conference dinner will be held at Restaurant Pörssitalo (Fabianinkatu 14).
For more information about getting around and the public transport in Helsinki, please click here.
Welcome to Helsinki!by